About Our Church
We, the members of Graham Memorial Presbyterian Church, seek to glorify God and Christ Jesus through our inclusive worship, through our mission work to our neighbors in need, and through our lives.
Graham Memorial has a long history of Christian ministry, which has been supported throughout the years by faithful church members as well as members of the Forrest City community.
The church was originally known as The Presbyterian Church of Forrest City which was organized in 1874 by Rev. W. S. Davies of Cotton Plant, Arkansas. The first church building was erected in 1885 and in 1903 there were 16 members on the roll. As the church grew, construction on a new church building began in September 1922, which is the site of our present sanctuary.
In the spring of 1923, the congregation changed the name of the church to The W. S. Graham Memorial Prebyterian Church since a significant gift was given from Mrs. W. S. Graham in memory of her husband. The church property was expanded to include an educational building, built in 1962, and a fellowship hall named Pettus Hall was added in 1969. Then in September 2000, the Christian Activities Building (C.A.B.), was dedicated. The C.A.B. serves as the home to the “Forrest City Fireballers” basketball program run by Coach Jim Bailey, and is used for recreation purposes by church members and the community.
As Presbyterians, we believe that we are reformed but always reforming. God is not done with us yet and we look forward to all that God is going to do through our church and for our community in our future history.